At Putnam, we pride ourselves on a team-based approach that is client focused and impact oriented. We serve many of the industry leaders, including all of the top 10 global biopharmaceutical companies. Almost all of our studies combine sophisticated quantitative analytics with significant qualitative fact-finding and synthesis to inform strategic decision-making. Our diverse casework spans portfolio prioritization, development pathway and resource optimization, market assessment, product pricing and launch strategies, market segment growth strategies, sales and marketing strategies, franchise development and patent expiration strategies. While the client-service core of our work can be demanding, we pride ourselves on the collegial, friendly and balanced environment at Putnam where consulting can be a long-term career option.
Our offices are located in the vibrant cities of Boston, San Francisco, New York City, and London.
We are always seeking highly skilled professionals to join our Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Market Research, and Operations teams.
We are seeking an Executive Assistant (EA) to support the leadership team by performing diverse, advanced and confidential administrative functions. The ideal candidate must be willing to complete tasks the with a high degree of quality and accuracy. We also seek someone with the ability to roll up his or her sleeves and do whatever it takes to get a job done. This EA will report to the Employee Operations Manager and the Chief Financial Officer.
The Executive Assistant responsibilities will include:
- Serve as an integral member of the Finance and Operations team, working collaboratively with all team members
- Support leadership team with calendar, meetings, scheduling, travel arrangements, expense reports and other ad hoc requests
- Prepare agendas for team meetings by proactively identifying topics and soliciting agenda items from attendees
- Proactively identify opportunities to help the leadership and their team
- Attend meetings and support management by preparing data for presentations and determining appropriate action items and follow through on action items
- Assist Operations Managers with office management, event planning and on/off boarding employees
- Maintain files and confidential records, build database of client contracts
- Perform ad-hoc projects that require cross-functional collaboration, obtaining and analyzing data, and incorporating findings into an executive level summary.
- Provide back-up administrative support to other departments as necessary and perform other duties as required
Executive Assistant candidates must have 3+ years’ experience in a position exhibiting strong administrative support skills in a professional services environment. The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- A high proficiency and comfort with Microsoft products, as most work will be performed using Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Teams
- A proactive work ethic, a flexible, team-oriented attitude, and ability to work independently
- Considerable tact, diplomacy, and judgment when handling sensitive information
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to take ownership of projects
- Outstanding attention to detail, as well as the ability to identify opportunities for process improvement
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, accompanied by year-end bonus potential
- Additional benefits include a 401(k) plan, health, dental & disability insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation
- Wellness and tuition reimbursement
If you would like to join a dynamic organization and are ready for a challenging and rewarding career, please submit your application (cover letter and resume) to Lina Zhong (email@example.com) for consideration.
Life as a Putnamite
Explore stories of Putnamites to get a sense of what it is really like to work here.
Putnam’s LSC program gave me a great platform to leverage my scientific acumen and training while mastering essential skills of management consulting. I was able to make impactful contributions from day one which speaks to how transferable the skills you pick up during your academic training is to a career at Putnam.
I started at Putnam as an LSC just after finishing my PhD. I had limited exposure to the business world prior to joining but working at Putnam has allowed me to develop a wide range of skills under the direction of great mentors. Now, I have the ability to dive into any type of project and develop meaningful recommendations for our clients.