At Putnam, we pride ourselves on a team-based approach that is client focused and impact oriented. We serve many of the industry leaders, including all of the top 10 global biopharmaceutical companies. Almost all of our studies combine sophisticated quantitative analytics with significant qualitative fact-finding and synthesis to inform strategic decision-making. Our diverse casework spans portfolio prioritization, development pathway and resource optimization, market assessment, product pricing and launch strategies, market segment growth strategies, sales and marketing strategies, franchise development and patent expiration strategies. While the client-service core of our work can be demanding, we pride ourselves on the collegial, friendly and balanced environment at Putnam where consulting can be a long-term career option.
Our offices are located in the vibrant cities of Boston, San Francisco, New York City, and London.
We are always seeking highly skilled professionals to join our Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Market Research, and Operations teams.
Learning and Development (L&D) Manager
The Learning and Development (L&D) Manager will deliver business-focused, efficient, and innovative learning and development programs and experiences that are thoughtfully designed to help our consulting professionals and business staff grow and succeed at every stage of their career. We view learning at Putnam not just about education – but about long-term development and is a vital part of Putnam’s culture. We emphasize a holistic approach to development that is not just about learning, but also self-awareness, exposure to real-world problems, and connections to people. We strive to position our people to help tackle some of the most complex issues for our clients in the life sciences industry.
This role requires a team player who thrives in a fast-paced deadline driven environment, has a keen eye for detail, and takes a proactive approach to problem solving. Someone who can be into high-level design and equally willing and able to get into the weeds to design and deliver a best in class learning program. Willingness to take on challenging tasks to reimagine our current offerings and build out new offerings with internal and external stakeholders. The ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects and workstreams simultaneously, is critical to the success of this role. This role is a key member of the Putnam talent team and will report directly to the Chief People Officer.
- Design, develop and implement an integrated learning program for our 200+ consulting practitioners across four offices beginning with implementation in 2022
- Drive maintenance of annual learning & development calendar, inclusive of in-house and external solutions
Actively lead projects focused on aligning learning and development solutions with the business priorities of the practice areas
- Lead the design, development, pilot, delivery, and evaluation of innovative learning and capability development solutions that support Putnam professionals’ performance and growth
- Align project teams and stakeholders to implement highly effective and innovative L&D solutions, including digitized content, individualized learning paths, and development in the flow of work
- Build, manage, and leverage positive, collaborative partnerships among business stakeholders, SMRs, and peers
- Provide functional expertise to identify, research, and resolve complex problems
- Manage spending against L&D budget
- Assist with growth initiatives, team lifts or acquisition integration efforts
- Work collaboratively as an embedded and trusted colleague across People Operations, other Operations teams, and business-facing stakeholders
Background / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in an HR, OD, or Training role with experience managing training curriculum
- Experience in consulting, healthcare, or pharmaceutical industries a plus
- Professional demeanor, friendly, and team oriented
- Proven results-oriented work experience & ability to work under pressure in a competitive, fast paced, and innovative industry
- Excellent executive presence, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, accompanied by year-end bonus potential
Additional benefits include a 401(k) plan, health, dental, vision & disability insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation
Wellness and tuition reimbursement
If you would like to join a dynamic organization and are ready for a challenging and rewarding career, please submit a complete application including a resume and cover letter.
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Fieldwork Operations Manager
Putnam Associates is seeking a talented and detail-oriented individual to support the execution and management of primary market research fieldwork. The individual in the Fieldwork Operations Manager role will provide direct support to case teams and will focus on improving Putnam’s market research fielding capabilities. The role requires a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and takes a proactive approach to problem solving. This role will operate within Putnam’s growing Insights division, which is tasked with providing support to Putnam consulting teams in all aspects of primary market research.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage Putnam’s newly formed Insights Fieldwork team
- Develop and manage relationship with third-party market research vendors to ensure Putnam’s roster of fieldwork partners meets current and future research needs
- Work with Putnam Partners / Principals to obtain feasibility and field costs to be used in research proposals
- Work with Putnam finance team to manage and track fieldwork-related financials (e.g., service agreements, negotiated discounts, budgets, purchase orders, and invoices)
- Manage, grow, and maintain Putnam’s internal recruiting database
- Own, manage, and improve upon Putnam’s honorarium fulfillment process
- Develop and communicate fieldwork best practices via trainings and other internal firm communications
- Provide direct support to case teams via creative problem solving and liaising with fieldwork partners
- Assist in resolving fieldwork-related billing errors/disputes and developing SOPs to avoid billing errors
- Act as a liaison between research participants and Putnam consulting teams, and be responsible for inspiring and mobilizing participants to engage in research activities
Background / Qualifications
- 3-5 years of primary market research fieldwork experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Social Sciences preferred
- Comfort working with Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Word
- Experience with Qualtrics or other survey programming software is beneficial, but not required
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data to develop business insights
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment
Putnam Associates is a premier strategy consulting firm serving pharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostics, medical device, and related clients in the healthcare space. For more than 30 years, we have provided objective, high impact strategic advice and analytical services, helping to support clients in crucial business decisions at all stages of the product and franchise lifecycle. Our firm’s exclusive focus on the life sciences industry allows us to quickly deliver superior value for our clients by providing clarity and insight to complex issues. Consistently ranked as one of the Top Consulting Firms by Vault, Putnam offers a unique opportunity to play a central role in helping leading companies in this industry tackle their most pressing strategic challenges.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, accompanied by year-end bonus potential
- Additional benefits include a 401(k) plan, health, dental & disability insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation
If you would like to join a dynamic organization and are ready for a challenging and rewarding career, please submit your application (cover letter and resume).
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Putnam Associates is in no way affiliated with Putnam Investments.
Life as a Putnamite
Explore stories of Putnamites to get a sense of what it is really like to work here.
I joined Putnam’s finance team in February 2020 after having spent five years in public accounting. My first ten months at Putnam have been some of the most rewarding months of my career. As the Accounting Manager, I am responsible for managing a team of three staff accountants. There is truly never a dull moment working at Putnam and I feel challenged and motivated every day. In my opinion, Putnam offers a working environment that allows employees to be at their best. There is a lot of leeway to work independently but there is also a wonderful senior management team that employees at all levels can leverage and learn from. I started about a week before the onset of COVID and the firm went fully remote shortly thereafter – despite this, I feel as if we have established a friendly team atmosphere that makes working from home collaborative and inclusive.