At Putnam, we pride ourselves on a team-based approach that is client focused and impact oriented. We serve many of the industry leaders, including all of the top 10 global biopharmaceutical companies. Almost all of our studies combine sophisticated quantitative analytics with significant qualitative fact-finding and synthesis to inform strategic decision-making. Our diverse casework spans portfolio prioritization, development pathway and resource optimization, market assessment, product pricing and launch strategies, market segment growth strategies, sales and marketing strategies, franchise development and patent expiration strategies. While the client-service core of our work can be demanding, we pride ourselves on the collegial, friendly and balanced environment at Putnam where consulting can be a long-term career option.
Our offices are located in the vibrant cities of Boston, San Francisco, New York City, and London.
We are always seeking highly skilled professionals to join our Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Market Research, and Operations teams.
Market Research Manager
Putnam Associates is seeking an experienced market research project manager to partner with Putnam consulting teams in the design and execution of primary market research studies. The Market Research Manager will be responsible for hands-on project execution including questionnaire development, sample-plan design, data collection oversight, moderation of qualitative interviews, and analysis/reporting. The ideal candidate should have experience leading both qualitative and quantitative primary market research studies from initial design stage through final report delivery. This role will operate within Putnam’s growing Market Research team which is tasked with partnering with Putnam consulting teams in all aspects of primary market research.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working closely with Putnam consultants to understand client objectives, project context, and the nuances of the treatment area
- Owning the overall development of the quantitative survey or qualitative discussion guide from initial design through client approval
- Managing logistical aspects prior to fielding kick-off (e.g., translations, survey testing, etc.)
- Providing oversight during the data collection phase and recommending solutions when fielding challenges arise
- Supporting and, at times, leading the case team in the overall analysis and final report development
- Assisting in the development of company-wide market research best-practices and proprietary service offerings
Background / Requirements
- 4-6 years of market research project management and consulting; experience with healthcare / pharma market research preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Social Sciences, Psychology, Sociology preferred; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience leading 1:1 qualitative interviews and/or focus groups
- Experience with the design and analysis of advanced quantitative methodologies (e.g., conjoint, factor-analysis, MaxDiff, etc.)
- Demonstrated success building trusted relationships with clients and managing research studies from end to end
- Experience with statistical software (Excel, SPSS, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail with excellent project management and organizational skills
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, accompanied by year-end bonus potential
- Additional benefits include a 401(k) plan, health, dental & disability insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation
- Wellness and tuition reimbursement
If you would like to join a dynamic organization and are ready for a challenging and rewarding career, please submit your application (cover letter and resume) to Emily Fiorito (email@example.com) for consideration.
Life as a Putnamite
Explore stories of Putnamites to get a sense of what it is really like to work here.
I joined Putnam’s finance team in February 2020 after having spent five years in public accounting. My first ten months at Putnam have been some of the most rewarding months of my career. As the Accounting Manager, I am responsible for managing a team of three staff accountants. There is truly never a dull moment working at Putnam and I feel challenged and motivated every day. In my opinion, Putnam offers a working environment that allows employees to be at their best. There is a lot of leeway to work independently but there is also a wonderful senior management team that employees at all levels can leverage and learn from. I started about a week before the onset of COVID and the firm went fully remote shortly thereafter – despite this, I feel as if we have established a friendly team atmosphere that makes working from home collaborative and inclusive.