Putnam Business Services
We are always seeking highly skilled professionals to join the Putnam Business Services Team with roles in Finance, Human Resources, IT, Marketing, Market Research, and Operations teams.
At Putnam, we pride ourselves on a team-based approach that is client focused and impact oriented. We serve many of the industry leaders, including all of the top 10 global biopharmaceutical companies. Almost all of our studies combine sophisticated quantitative analytics with significant qualitative fact-finding and synthesis to inform strategic decision-making. Our diverse casework spans portfolio prioritization, development pathway and resource optimization, market assessment, product pricing and launch strategies, market segment growth strategies, sales and marketing strategies, franchise development and patent expiration strategies. While the client-service core of our work can be demanding, we pride ourselves on the collegial, friendly and balanced environment at Putnam where consulting can be a long-term career option.
Our offices are located in the vibrant cities of Boston, San Francisco, New York City, and London.
Market Research Manager
Putnam Associates is seeking an experienced market research project manager to partner with Putnam consulting teams in the design and execution of primary market research studies. The Market Research Manager will be responsible for hands-on project execution including questionnaire development, sample-plan design, data collection oversight, moderation of qualitative interviews, and analysis/reporting. The ideal candidate should have experience leading both qualitative and quantitative primary market research studies from initial design stage through final report delivery. This role will operate within Putnam’s growing Market Research team which is tasked with partnering with Putnam consulting teams in all aspects of primary market research.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working closely with Putnam consultants to understand client objectives, project context, and the nuances of the treatment area
- Owning the overall development of the quantitative survey or qualitative discussion guide from initial design through client approval
- Managing logistical aspects prior to fielding kick-off (e.g., translations, survey testing, etc.)
- Providing oversight during the data collection phase and recommending solutions when fielding challenges arise
- Supporting and, at times, leading the case team in the overall analysis and final report development
- Assisting in the development of company-wide market research best-practices and proprietary service offerings
Background / Requirements
- 4-6 years of market research project management and consulting; experience with healthcare / pharma market research preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Social Sciences, Psychology, Sociology preferred; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience leading 1:1 qualitative interviews and/or focus groups
- Experience with the design and analysis of advanced quantitative methodologies (e.g., conjoint, factor-analysis, MaxDiff, etc.)
- Demonstrated success building trusted relationships with clients and managing research studies from end to end
- Experience with statistical software (Excel, SPSS, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail with excellent project management and organizational skills
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, accompanied by year-end bonus potential
- Additional benefits include a 401(k) plan, health, dental & disability insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation
- Wellness and tuition reimbursement
If you would like to join a dynamic organization and are ready for a challenging and rewarding career, please submit your application (cover letter and resume) to Emily Fiorito (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration.
IT Support Specialist
The IT Support Specialist is an exciting new opportunity giving full ownership of operational activities ranging from service desk through desk side support and working as a team member across a matrix organization. This may also involve server and network activities in relation to project delivery.
Responsibilities will vary based on work allocation, but primary activities are outlined below and it is expected that individuals will pick up/develop specialism areas where they can grow their personal knowledge and share with the wider team. The level at which people will operate and progress will be dependent on a good balance across experience, capability and demonstrated aptitude in all of the required areas.
The following is not necessarily an exhaustive list but identifies the main areas:
- Provide IT support across multiple Ashfield Advisory geographies, via phone, email and remote access – requests include Hardware, Software, Procurement, Incidents and Service change requests.
- Escalation of Network & Server request to the Central Infrastructure team whilst retaining ownership of those requests to track/monitor progress and ensure delivery to the required business timelines.
- To maintain service desk logging, recording all appropriate information for the request and for incidents cause and resolution in order to identify common issues/ recurring problems.
- Build the teams Knowledgebase, including the development and update of documentation & ensure knowledge dissemination and take training as required.
- Setting up and supporting on-site hardware and software – including PCs, MACs & conferencing facilities, i.e. TV’s and AV equipment.
- To deliver end-to-end support of the PC & Apple Mac estate in-person and remotely where required including hardware support & lifecycle management (Incl. refresh & stock rotation).
- Ensure any ‘local’ inventories of equipment are current.
- Act as an escalation point for issues and problems.
- Identify, evaluate and implement ideas for continuous improvement in internal processes/areas.
- Documentation of processes and procedures in the form of SOPs and/or work instructions.
- Documentation of user guides, hints, and tip sheets.
- Compiling & issuing of companywide communications/announcements on the support of operational and project related matters.
- Visiting other Ashfield Advisory sites for IT support when needed.
- Submitting change requests and supporting information/documentation into the Global CAB process where required.
- Delivering project activities as defined which may include scoping & planning, vendor management, update communications, workstream lead & technical delivery.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
The following technical experience is required:
- Solid experience of operating systems, configuration and PC builds for Window & Mac builds
- Supporting Apple OS devices (iPad, Macs, iPhones)
- Security tools, including Anti-virus, Web & email filtering (Zscaler, Mimecast, MFA),
- Device management & reporting (SCCM, Intune & Jamf)
- Encryption Software management (Bitlocker & Filevault)
- Office, 365, Exchange, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams for business.
- Group policy derivation and management
- Scripting (Powershell)
- Remote desktop support tools (Teamviewer, ZOHO etc)
You will be able to demonstrate the following key attributes:
- Strong communications skills and ability to speak to multi-cultural teams across the Advisory business and wider Group IT.
- Analytical approach with good questioning & listening skills.
- Confident manner and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with an understanding of call handling, prioritization, and call escalations.
- Ability to work well on your own, whilst under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a remote team.
- Ability to work at pace but diligently.
- Willingness and ability to learn and develop through on-the-job and on-line training.
- Adherence to defined processes with a continuous improvement mind set.
- Confident and self-motivated.
- Self-organizing with good time management skills.
- Enthusiastic and positive manner.
- Flexibility to work outside of core hours where required.
- Flexibility to travel when required.
Please send resume and cover letter to Ryan Cantwell, Recruiter at email@example.com and include the job title in the email subject line.
Ashfield Advisory partners strategically with clients to accelerate performance by applying healthcare industry expertise with outstanding execution. Our Advisory professionals span the healthcare industry providing audit services and management consulting expertise. Ashfield Advisory services encompass our latest acquisitions of STEM Healthcare, SmartAnalyst, Vynamic and Putnam and is based across multiple locations in the US, UK, EU & India. Our consultants work across the interwoven sectors of the healthcare industry to provide services ranging from strategic planning, process design, vendor selection & management, systems implementation, and organizational change.
Life as a Putnamite
Explore stories of Putnamites to get a sense of what it is really like to work here.
I joined Putnam’s finance team in February 2020 after having spent five years in public accounting. My first ten months at Putnam have been some of the most rewarding months of my career. As the Accounting Manager, I am responsible for managing a team of three staff accountants. There is truly never a dull moment working at Putnam and I feel challenged and motivated every day. In my opinion, Putnam offers a working environment that allows employees to be at their best. There is a lot of leeway to work independently but there is also a wonderful senior management team that employees at all levels can leverage and learn from. I started about a week before the onset of COVID and the firm went fully remote shortly thereafter – despite this, I feel as if we have established a friendly team atmosphere that makes working from home collaborative and inclusive.